NOTE 1: These Fender Extensions ONLY work on a Jeep JL or JT RUBICON.
NOTE 2: Fender Extensions are Fiberglass and come rough and unpainted. They will require sanding and painting prior to installation.
Keep your Jeep legal and eliminate tire poke with these very nice looking (and functional) fender flare extensions. Tires that stick out past the fenders, even a little, are illegal in most jurisdictions.
Additionally, we have found these extensions significantly reduce debris and mud splatter up the sides of your Jeep. We hate muddy door handles!
Here's the deets:
- Available for Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon (2 Door & 4 Door).
- Will not work with Sport, Sahara or Overland fender flares. Only Rubicon models.
- Flares are made with fiberglass. They will crack if you have tree sex. However, they are easily replaceable.
- Flares extend out approximately 2.25" past the stock fender clearance.
- They come rough and unpainted. Assume that you have to sand and paint them. We've painted them with bed liner and they look great.
- Installation is straight forward. You remove your inner fender liner plastic rivets and install with the rivets supplied.
- You will need a plastic rivet tool to install them (tool not provided).
- Forged in the fiery land of Australia by Double Black OffRoad.
- Each order is a set of 4 fender flare extensions, corner-specific.
Jeeps we build are typically running a 17x9" wheel with a 0 or +1 offset. While this offset is conservative, offroad tires with a 12.50 width, will still poke (or extend) past the stock fender coverage. Our blue EcoDiesel Gladiator (KHAN) is running -18 offset with a 13.50 wide tire, which results in massive tire poke. This is a major issue for police as you can throw rocks (or debris) into other motorists. Further, you're likely to receive a ticket for the offense. These fender extensions are the solution you are looking for to cover wide tires and run legal.
For additional information, watch our review video on our YouTube Channel here